Fortuna provides exploration insight | Global mining review
Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. provided an overview of its exploration programs in Latin America and West Africa.
Paul Weedon, Senior Vice President of Exploration, said: âWith 12 rigs spread across the portfolio, the sustained pace of exploration on all of our major properties continues to provide very encouraging results. “
âThese include highlights such as 16.5 g / t gold (Au) over 6.3 m from drill hole SGRC1366 of the growing Sunbird prospect in SÃ©guÃ©la, and 0.6 g / t Au and 0 , 18% copper (Cu) over an actual estimated width of 68 m from the surface intersected in drill hole ARD046 adjacent to the Arizaro project, to one of the deepest holes drilled at Caylloma, the drill hole ANIM087921, returning 93 g / t of silver (Ag), 4.83% of lead (Pb) and 7.81% of zinc (Zn) over an actual width estimated at 20.48 m at nearly 900 m below the surface and where it remains open.
SÃ©guÃ©la gold project, Ivory Coast
Highlights of Sunbird Prospect’s analysis include:
- SGRD1365: 9.4 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 7 m from 197 m.
- SGRD1366: 17.5 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 6.3 m from 205 m.
- SGRD1367: 14.8 g / t Au over an estimated true width of 1.4 m from 214 m and 52.2 g / t Au over an estimated true width of 1.4 m from 242 m.
- SGRD1368: 3.4 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 3.5 m from 269 m.
- SGRD1370: 8 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 8.4 m from 241 m.
- SGRD1376: 6.5 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 10.5 m from 143 m.
Exploration drilling at the SÃ©guÃ©la gold project continues to advance the Sunbird prospect with a recently completed 13 hole 3059m program testing the continuity and grade of mineralization at depth and along the southerly strike. The deep drilling was designed to test projections of previous high-grade results on an additional 100-150m dive in the central zone and help refine the understanding of structural controls.
Drilling to the south extended the mineralization an additional 50m, helping to refine structural controls with this area remaining open along strike and dip. The geometry and style of the mineralization correspond to those observed at the Koula and Ancien deposits, located respectively 1.5 km and 5 km to the north and south, both hosted in similar structural settings within the same lithological ensemble.
Core geological logging identified numerous intervals containing from five to over 20 visible gold spots up to 2mm in diameter, with mineralization characteristics consistent with previous drilling at Sunbird. Three of the six holes for which assays are pending also recorded between 5 and 10 gold spots visible in the mineralized intervals.
The mineralization remains open at depth and further drilling is planned for 2022 to better define the extent of the mineralization.
Arizaro Gold Project, Lindero Mine, Argentina
Highlights of the core zone scan include:
- ARD45: 0.47 g / t Au and 0.16% Cu over a true width estimated at 73 m from 44 m downhole.
- ARD46: 0.61 g / t Au and 0.18% Cu over a real width estimated at 68 m from the surface; completed the immineralization at 200 m downhole.
The Arizaro project is located in the Lindero mining concession, 3.2 km southeast of the Lindero mine. Previous exploration and drilling has identified porphyry-style gold and copper mineralization near surface hosted in magnetite- and biotite-rich breccia zones and in stockwork veins associated with two dominant structural trends. .
A six-hole, 1,178 m drill program testing a reinterpretation of the main mineralization features through the central and southwest targets, located approximately 200 m and 350 m, respectively, to the west southwest of the main mineralization of ‘Arizaro was completed in August. Two holes testing the central target successfully intersected large areas of biotite-rich breccia and northeast trending flaky quartz veins with associated pyrite and visible copper mineralization. The subsequent logging of drill hole ARD46 showed that it had been drilled obliquely with respect to the interpreted dominant orientation of the quartz vein, the hole ending in mineralization at 200 m downhole for an actual width of 68 m.
Additional drilling and surface trenches are planned for December to better define the extent of mineralization.
San JosÃ© mine, Mexico
Highlights of the test include:
- SJOM1053 (VMZ): 290 g / t Ag and 2 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 1.5 m.
- SJOM1088 (Magdalena): 245 g / t Ag and 1.41 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 4.6 m.
- SJOM1091 ââ(Magdalena): 506 g / t Ag and 2.61 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 1.7 m.
- SJOM1103 (San Ignacio): 209 g / t Ag and 1.47 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 1.1 m.
- SJOM1105 (Magdalena): 302 g / t Ag and 0.77 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 1.8 m including 1010 g / t Ag over 0.5 m.
Extension exploration drilling from underground platforms prior to production in San Jose has continued to define the continuity of major mineralized structures, with 25,064m drilled in 59 holes since March 2021, targeting the Bonanza Hanging Wall (Bhw), Trinidad Norte and Victoria mineralized zone structures (VMZ). In addition to underground drilling, testing of two target zones north and south of the mine has identified additional mineralized structures and drilling is continuing.
The development of the underground drilling platforms and associated infrastructure also continued with the establishment of the first drilling stations that will test the planned northern extensions of the Trinidad system, including the down-dip projection. untested from a silicified outcrop on the surface.
Yaramoko mine, Burkina Faso
Highlights of the test include:
- YRM-20-RC-109-036: 3 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 7.7 m (Min Zone 2).
- YRM-20-RC-109-038: 11.2 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 2.8 m (Min Zone 2).
- YRM-21-RC-109-053: 3.4 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 6.3 m (Min Zone 1).
- YRM-21-RC-109-056: 4.2 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 4.9 m (Min Zone 1).
- YRM-21-RC-109-058: 14.7 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 4.9 m (Min Zone 1).
- YRM-21-RC-109-062: 3.8 g / t Au over a true width estimated at 4.9 m (Min Zone 1).
Exploration drilling at Yaramoko continued to advance Zone 109 near surface, located approximately 1.5 km northwest of the Yaramoko plant, with 108 RC holes drilled from April to October for a total of 8201 m. Drilling targeted a 1 km long zone of sheared mafic volcanics and associated quartz veins located in the Yaramoko shear zone, which contains Zone 55 and the South Bagassi mines, with three discrete zones of identified mineralization.
Caylloma mine, Peru
Highlights of the Animas NE vein scan include:
- ANIM086321: 60 g / t Ag, 5.51% Pb and 6.22% Zn over a true width estimated at 7.2 m.
- ANIM084321: 51 g / t Ag, 2.94% Pb and 5.23% Zn over a true width estimated at 5.8 m.
- ANIM084721: 106 g / t Ag, 2.34% Pb and 3.13% Zn over a true width estimated at 11.8 m.
- ANIM085521: 159 g / t Ag, 2.92% Pb and 1.44% Zn over a true width estimated at 6.1 m.
- ANIM087321: 76 g / t Ag, 4.35% Pb and 7.45% Zn over a true width estimated at 11.3 m.
- ANIM087921: 93 g / t Ag, 4.83% Pb and 7.81% Zn over a true width estimated at 20.5 m.
Exploration drilling at Caylloma continued throughout 2021, totaling 10,121m in 26 diamond drill holes, testing the continuity at depth of the Animas NE silver polymetallic vein system over 3 miles long. km, and the potential for further northeasterly direction beyond the Nancy Vein intersection.
Following previously reported successful extension drilling results in the Animas NE vein. drilling continues to intersect mineralized shoots up to 200 m beyond the current resource limit, extending known mineralization more than 900 m below surface along the 3 km long Animas NE vein, where it remains open at depth and laterally. The drilling mainly focused on extending ore columns 3 and 4 at depth, as well as verifying the lateral extension beyond the intersection of the Nancy vein and further northeast into the sediments. of the base of the Yura group.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/28122021/fortuna-provides-exploration-overview/